Monday, May 18, 2009

Warning, Curve In the Road Ahead....


I hesitated to post this but did so, knowing that so many of you are wondering what's going on with Isaac. The truth is, so are we....We spent Saturday in the ER with a 103 temp. After an IV and big dose of Rosefrin and treatment of steroids because of difficulty breathing (probably due to the swelling from surgery) . Rosefrin is the high powered antibiotic he was getting through his PICC after the last infection. They did find that the left ear has an infection now. Frustrating, considering they scoped both ears before surgery and they looked beautiful! The CBC and blood cultures are all normal, so the high temp has all of us scratching our heads. I shed a few tears on Saturday after they put the IV in. This child is so incredibly brave, he was perfectly still for them. He even thanked me for taking care of him, sheesh! We went to see the ENT physician today. He was thinking of admitting Isaac to the hospital but then we both decided to change the meds, give it a few hours and see what happens. They did a chest x-ray to make sure he doesn't have pneumonia. If there is still a temp tomorrow morning, then it's back to the hospital we go. That's it in a nutshell. We're frustrated as heck, wanting this long road to end!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy I am sooo sorry to hear about the newest bump in the road. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

dana liston said...

sorry Mindy. I am glad that Isaac is being so brave. It would be a lot harder if he went kicking and screaming to the doctor! We will hope and pray he gets better soon.

Rebecca said...

What a brave strong boy. I hope that there are answers soon. And that he feels better soon. We will keep him in our prayers.

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry...I am thinking of you