Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Phoenix




I have to brag about Justin for a minute. I think he has the best taste in music. In fact, his opinions on music have had an influence on me since the late 80's. I mean, he is the person who introduced those great favorites like: Erasure, Depeche Mode, The Cure and so many more. As a high school graduation gift, he took me my first ever concert to see INXS in Kansas City. Different kinds of music have defined our friendship, dating relationship and marriage. A song can easily remind me of all the tender moments we have shared in our life together. It's funny to me that my current favorites like Snow Patrol, Killers, Phoenix and others that I really did not like when he first introduced them to me. I need to learn to trust that whatever he likes will soon become my favorite, I just need to give it a chance. I love that he always makes mix cds still for different seasons and times of year. I must admit that to this day, I have absolutely NO idea how to put something on my own IPOD. He does all that for me! This week I fell in love with the song "Love In a Coffee Shop". I had no clue as to the title or artist. He went right to work finding it for me and by dinner time it was magically in our cd player! What I really want to say is that so often when we are married to someone, there is such a natural tendency to focus on what that person doesn't do or what they could do better. We so miss the awesome things they do for us everyday! Thanks to my sweet husband who fills my life with beautiful music!


P.S. Phoenix is the new group I love, you should check them out on Pandora!

0 comments: