Friday, May 8, 2009

Good News & I'm Back!


I returned to a notification in my inbox that our company has won 2009 Best of State in our industry! This is such great news, but it means one thing.....I need to find an evening gown. Last time we won, I was 9 months pregnant...so I am sure it won't be as challenging as that! After the longest day of my life, I returned home late last night. I was greeted by the three most wiggly and excited kids and champ of a hubby ever! The trip was great. The city was amazing. I reminded me so much of the looks and feel of downtown London. I love the city life. I loved the culture, history, food and people of Philadelphia. We toured the entire city, my word...there was a bit of history on literally every street corner there. Just seeing the Liberty Bell and the actual place where the Declaration of Independance was signed made me think of the visionary men who built our country's foundation. Then I had to asked myself why we have gotten so far away as a society to all that they held dear....I couldn't snap pictures quick enough. I will post some when things calm down a bit. My favorite was the Reading Terminal Market and the rich Dutch culture all around. I even bought an apple pie for my sweetie and managed to carry it all around downtown Philly and smuggle it on the plane home. It arrived in perfect form, now that is commitment and talent! I attended some great meetings, have some new ideas and just generally feel excited and grateful to be part of such a life changing industry. Being away especially made me appreciate my family, where I live, the wonderful people and opportunities that have presented themselves in my life over the past several years. Not to mention such a wonderful husband who never complains about the extra work load and does a great job as Mr. Mom in my absence. A super clean house and no laundry was just icing on the cake. It's good to be back!

2 comments:

Ratfink said...

Mindy, you're amazing!

Rebecca said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the dress you pick out!:)